Wednesday 17 June 2009

Things that can only happen to me...

The last couple of weeks my friends and I have been having a good time-too good of a time-that's up for debate, but a good time nonetheless. We've been hanging out in Hongdae and enjoying the nite life. Unfortunately I was the victim of a credit card robbery and have had to deal with the inconvenient consequences of said robbery. All I'll say in regards to that is that we should all be thankful for the banks and their policies in the States-it isn't the same here. While this experience was completely unfortunate I have ventured back out since.
As many of my friends and family know, I tend to get into weird situations or meet very interesting people and this past weekend was not exception. Friday nite started out like any other Friday nite, out with the girls...we arrived in Hongdae and immediately started dancing and enjoying the beautiful nite. At some point during the evening I met the most interesting guy-Ryan- who had just arrived in Korea the day before. He's younger than I am but has lived a life that I would love to live. He's really quite inspirational. After having spent some time with him over the weekend I want to go travel the world and have my entire life down to a backpack. If I hadn't met him this last Friday I probably wouldn't have met this other guy. Actually this other guy I'd kind of met prior to our meeting on Sunday evening....I'm not going to mention his name but I was at dinner with him, my new friend Ryan, another teacher they work with and my friend Tammy joined us. Dinner was entertaining to say the least, especially after I determined and "guy with no name", confirmed that he was in fact the dude who had stripped down and showered at the outdoor shower at the Hamilton Hotel, a week or two before. The same guy who approached my table, in the bar area, and asked the people I was with for a cigarette. The moment I realized and he confirmed was priceless. His one friend was completely unaware of the incident and I think, "guy with no name", didn't want his friend to know but once the cat was out of the bag it was sooooo funny. He told me that he showered naked, on a dare. Throughout the evening we would all be talking and then all of the sudden one of us would say, "I can't believe you were at the Hamilton Hotel that day", or "I can't believe that was you, at the Hamilton Hotel that day". It was pretty bizarre and only something that could happen to me-I mean, while there are a good amount of foreigners in Seoul, Seoul is a large city and the odds of running into someone again are kind of slim-I guess it really is a small world. Regardless, the weekend was crazy fun and completely out of the blue.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jennifer! Very nice to see you on FB and even nicer to see you're a blogger! I look forward to your postings on life in Korea! Follow me if you have the chance.....
    www.ninadiane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete