Wednesday 15 April 2009

Too much running?

Shortly after I moved here, I started really running. Running has become my outlet for getting rid of all of the pent up stuff that builds up throughout the day of working with children and having to listen to Korean and not being able to communicate with Koreans. I'm thoroughly enjoying my runs and I apparently was a little to aggressive and too ambitious, because, about a month ago, I ran around 7-10 miles, one evening, without properly building up to that mileage. That's not a good thing to do, as I am now suffering from hip tendonitis and haven't been able to run for the last week and still have another week to go before I can start running again. The orthopedist here (he happens to practice right across the street from my apt.-how convenient?), even told me no yoga, which I was really starting to get into, until next week as well. I'm so bummed and bored! I usually run 2-4 times a week and instead I've been watching tv-ughhhhhh-Korean tv sucks-obviously because it's in Korean! Besides my hip, all is well...Spring has arrived and it's beautiful here!

No comments:

Post a Comment